Sunday, February 1, 2009

Divine Office - Liturgy of the Hours


There were discussions in our group about electronic Liturgy of the Hours. I have been using a site http://www.divineoffice.org/ for my electronic prayers. I had been using them when traveling on the train to NY in the mornings. The podcast or feed was the best I've heard. The prayers are said in a traditional communion setting with music and songs. At times the psalms are sung. The only downside was they only did morning prayer, which at the time was ok. Recently they updated their site and now they have the Divine Office, Morning and Evening prayer. I continue to download the podcast and listen to it while saying my office. It just gives me another way to experience my daily prayer life. I tried to place the link for daily feeds but it would only allow a few days and not in order. The link is listed above and also in the links section. You will have to navigate from there but it is well worth it. Any questions or you need help just email me. God bless

No comments: